Purpose of collection, use, disclosure etc. of Personal Information
Applicants may be required to provide certain information pertaining to them such as name, photograph, address, date of birth, telephone number, passport information, birth certificate, income, citizenship status, marital status, employment details, criminal and educational background information etc. This information is collected as per the requirement mandated by the concerned Diplomatic Missions / Governments and/ or relevant Visa Offices.
Such personal information may be collected, used or disclosed in order to facilitate the processing of visa application(s) and/or request(s) including but not limited to for the following purposes:
- Process applications received for requests for various categories of visa, permit and travel documents etc. and perform various tasks/ functions related thereto;
- Respond to various inquiries on the visa application submission process in general.
- Respond to various inquiries regarding status of application made with VFS GLOBAL;
- Provide/ offer any other services as per requirements of the respective Governments /Diplomatic Missions.
Provision of personal information is voluntary. Please note, however, that a refusal to provide personal information may limit or affect ability of VFS GLOBAL to provide the requested services.
As mandated by the Diplomatic Mission/s, VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES may (by itself of through third party service providers/ vendors) provide various facilities for inquiries related visa application process in general and/ or status of visa applications submitted through VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES such as call center, online tracking, e-mail etc.
- Inquiry about general visa application process: Users making inquiries as regards visa application process in general, need not provide any personal information.
- Inquiry about status of submitted visa application/s: Users making inquiries as regards status of visa application submitted through VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES can quote application reference number to receive an update on the status of their visa, permit or travel document applications. The users may be requested to provide personal information such as given name or family name or date of birth or phone number or street address or email address or application date etc. or combination of such information for verification/ authentication purposes.
- Users making inquiries as regards visa application process however should not ask or reveal the passport number or personal information while interacting via email with VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES and/or its third party service providers/ vendors. Instead use of application reference number is recommended. VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES shall not be obliged to respond to e-mails containing personal information. In case any personal information is disclosed, the same shall be at the sole risk of the Users/ applicants and VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES will not be in any manner responsible for any events of misuse etc.
For the quality control purposes the interaction/s with user/s may be recorded. In such cases the user/s will be informed of this practice and purpose at the start of any such interaction. Unless a different requirement is mandated by the respective Diplomatic Mission/s, such recordings will be purged after a period of 30 days from the date of such interaction/s.
Certain Diplomatic Missions may require the Applicant’s to attend for personal interview. Applicants will be required to provide their application reference number and/or certain personal information such as family name, given name, date of birth, phone number, street address, email address, application date, and passport number for purpose of scheduling interviews.
All such information, posted, furnished and submitted by the Applicants while scheduling an interview appointment is converted into such formats as may be required and communicated to the respective Diplomatic Mission having jurisdiction to receive such application/s.Certain data and information related to visa applications received by VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES is presently stored/ hosted at data center/s in India.
This information may be used, disclosed by VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES for performing its various obligations towards respective Diplomatic Missions and will be purged within 30 (thirty) days from the date of receipt by VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES. However no information/ data containing Personal Information of the Applicant/s is stored at the data center/s mentioned above.
Disclosures of Personal Information:
VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES will not trade, rent or sell personal information of the Applicants. VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES does disclose or otherwise transfer Personal Information of the Applicants, except as otherwise set out herein. Personal Information will be used only for the purposes of providing services and performing its various obligations.
However VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES may need to disclose and share Personal Information when it is necessary to comply with a court order, any on-going judicial proceeding, or other legal, statutory or regulatory process served on VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES or to exercise the legal rights or defend against legal claims, criminal investigations, judicial matters or in prevention, investigation, detection, prosecution of criminal activities or matters related to national security.
Service Provider Arrangements: VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES may disclose (or otherwise make available) personal information to third party service providers providing services like courier delivery, SMS, call center services. These third party service providers are provided with such information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes. For example, where the visa applicant has opted for courier service, VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES will disclose certain Personal data such as name, address, phone number to the third party courier service providers. However personal information will not be shared with service provider/s for SMS service/s. Such third party service providers are also required to adhere to security & privacy requirements as outlined by VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES.
- The cookies help website users and maintain their signed-in status.
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from website user’s hard drive at the end of a session when the applicant/user exits the website. However “Persistent cookies” remain in place across multiple visits to our websites.
- Applicant/ website user may encounter cookies from any links of third parties on certain pages of the website that VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES does not control.
- VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES does not tolerate spam.
- VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES website/s or communication tools shall not be used to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the terms and conditions of VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES user agreement.
- VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES filters and automatically scans messages for viruses and other illegal or prohibited content before they are sent.
- To report any issues related to spam or spoof emails to VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES, please address e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES does not permanently store email messages sent to or by it through various formats. VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES does not rent or sell any email addresses to third parties.
- A user/users is/are not licensed, permitted, expected to add, modify, deface, hack, misuse or abuse VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES’ website or the contents therein.
VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES has implemented measures designed to help protect personal information in its custody and control. VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES maintains reasonable administrative, technical, physical and organizational safeguards in an effort to protect personal information in its custody and control. However, VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES shall not be liable for unlawful access, use, modification, destruction, destruction or interceptions by unauthorized persons.
Retention & Destruction of Personal Information:
Application packages collected from Applicants will not be copied or retained by VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES. Unless otherwise mandated by the concerned Diplomatic Mission, any other paper, hard copies, forms or other records containing personal information will be destroyed by a secure shredding process within thirty (30) days of a passport’s return to an applicant.
For the purposes of assisting the Applicants should they contact VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES with follow-up queries, Applicant personal information may be retained in electronic form, after passport and/or documents have been returned to the Applicants, for a maximum of thirty (30) days or for such period as specified by the respective Governments/ Diplomatic Missions.
VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES performs secure disposal or destruction of personal information on the equipment or devices used for storing personal information. When disposing of equipment or devices used for storing personal information (such as filing cabinets, computers, diskettes, and audio tapes), VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES takes appropriate measures such as to removal or deletion of any stored information to prevent access by unauthorized parties.
VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES and its third party service providers/ vendors may provide personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry pursuant to contravention of law / order or to an investigative body or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or a defense of legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law .
Third Party Links
VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES website may contain links to other/ third party sites promoting various products and/or services that VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES does not own or operate.. These links to websites are in nature of paid advertising are not verified by VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES. These links are provided for convenience access to these links is voluntary and does not indicate that VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES endorses or is associated with any of these other third party websites. Users are requested to use their own discretion which dealing with these websites and neither VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES nor its officers, employees, agents shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for these other third party websites or any information contained in them.
To Personal Information
Applicant/s have right to their personal information provided by them. Users may request access to their personal information by writing an email to the Info email ID mentioned on the “Contact Us” page with subject line as “Subject Access Request”. This request will be forwarded to the respective Governments/ Diplomatic Missions since they are the data controllers and further action will be taken by VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES based on the directions received by the respective Governments/ Diplomatic Missions.
VIZATT TECHNOLOGIES shall not be responsible to ascertain authenticity or accuracy of the information provided by the Applicant. It shall be the duty of the Applicant to ensure that the information provided to VFS GLOBAL is accurate, complete and upto date.